Wednesday, July 11, 2007

birthday

I turn 28 years old today. 7/11/07 is a fun day to have a birthday. Birthdays are a good time to take a break. They are a good time to reflect. What have I done with the last few years of my life? Was it worth it? Was it good? Did it honor God?

I am convinced of a few things:

I have tried to live my life in a way that glorifies and points to Christ. Occasionally, I have done so. I am not the greatest pastor of people. I am not always great at working through conflict. I am still learning how to be a husband. I am still learning how to love the people at my church.

I don't have the best leadership abilities but I do enjoy trying to lead. I am not the greatest preacher but I do enjoy speaking on Sunday mornings. I don't exactly know how to disciple someone but I love getting together with new believers around the bible and hashing out life lessons. I am not always the best friend but I know I have some friends that I will be close to for the rest of my life.

I have a great townhouse, a great cat and a great family. My wife is more than I could have ever asked for. Our marriage is great, our jobs are good and the bills are getting paid. I am doing what I want to do in life with people that I like to be around. I am excited about the future of Horizon Church of Towson and excited about the potential of FaithWorks Project. In short, my life is blessed.

I haven't lived long. But I have lived long enough to know that all of this does not come from me but from our Father in Heaven. I was given gifts for my birthday today. But all the gifts that I could ever want were given to me long before today. And so, I praise the Giver of Life.
Psalm 115:1
"Not to us, O Lord, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness."

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday! hope you had a good time at the movies! :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jeff Mount said...

Loser! I didn't know it was your birthday.

Seriously, I hope you had a really good birthday. And you're a hell of a lot better at some of those things on your blog entry than you give yourself credit for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home