Thursday, March 01, 2007

prayer warrior prophet

I have been feeling out of touch with God lately. I think it is because I have been running around and trying to "do" a bunch of stuff. Today I took a big chunk of time just to read. I finished a book that I had been reading by Alistar Begg. Then I read Hosea. It was a good time of prayer and reading. I miss this.

I used to spend blocks of time reading and praying a lot. But lately, as my schedule has picked up, I have become undisciplined. I talked to God about getting back in the saddle again. He thinks its a good idea for me to spend some more time with Him. I think so too.

I am getting this sneaking suspicion that all those big Christian leaders are right. They always tell you in their books that more will happen and more will get done if you do less but spend more time in prayer. Somewhere in my heart I know that it is true. I need to live that truth for it to really mean anything in my life.

What would it look like for a leader of a community to take a different identity? What if that leader was less the "delegator/decision-maker/organizer/worker bee/etc." and more the "listener/prayer warrior/prophet"? Maybe my life can be an experiment toward this end. We shall see.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jeff Mount said...

Mark,

Maybe you don't feel like you do it enough, but I know that the time you've spent with me listening and praying have been some of the most transformative, powerful times over the past several months.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Jeff,
Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home