Friday, October 03, 2008

stick a fork in 'em

Well, the VP debate was fun to watch. Palin held her own and didn't embarrass herself. But I think most people agreed that Biden came across as much more Presidential and knowledgeable about the issues.

McCain needed a game-changing-type showing from Palin. And though she did well, at best she kept the poles the same. The problem is that in all the poles, Obama is ahead in the swing states. Add to this the economy being in the toilet and you can pretty much see the writing on the wall for the Republicans.

While the next 5 weeks will be full of negative ads and lots of pundits giving their sage wisdom to us poor idiots that make up the masses, they won't do anything to change the momentum of this election. It would behoove anyone who doesn't know Obama well to begin to study up on his plans and policies. He will be our next President whether you vote for him or not.

Stick a fork in the McCain/Palin ticket. They are done. I believe McCain did his best at running for President. He has served his country well for nearly his whole life. But serving as President will not be an honor/burden that he will ever receive.

It's been a fun election year. History has been made by both parties. And now it's as good as over. Congrats Obama! I won't be voting for you come November. But I will pray for you when you take office in the White House. I will pray that you will be the best President that you can be and that God will sustain you through the hardship that is the American Presidency.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa mark, that's a little pessimistic. It's a little early to say it's over. I mean polls are a little biased anyways.

Oh by the way, it's Kristina

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I guess my post sounds pessimistic but I think I am just being realistic.

If the economy weren't so bad then McCain would still have a chance. I wish he still did have a chance. But unfortunately, there are just too many things working against him.

The only way McCain can win now is for Obama to do a major mistake. Which could happen but probably won't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home