Monday, February 09, 2004

across the room

What do I do with a cute girl across the way who is making eyes at me? Or maybe I am making eyes at her and she is just wondering, "What is that weirdo looking at?" I can never tell which is which. And all I know is that she is cute and she is looking my way.

I don't know about her emotional maturity. I can't tell if she is spiritually solid. I don't know if we would have great conversation or if we could have fun together. Its all a mystery. I guess that is the safety of just flirting with the eyes. No danger, no commitment, no consequences.

What compels one to go up and talk to another? Do I wait for the Spirit to move? Or do I move and hope the Spirit helps me as I stumble and stammer in first time conversation? The only thing I have consistently been successful at is to return to homework and pretend the flirtation isn't happening.

Maybe its not happening after all. Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part. Maybe its a mixture of her wondering what I am looking at and my own ego hoping she is looking my way. I guess I will never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home